Skip to main content

Controlling of Glaucoma in Exfoliation Syndrome




The glaucoma treatment in exfoliation syndrome is similar to primary open-angle glaucoma. Patients requires an early polytherapy and topical medications in case of frequently, exfoliation glaucoma (XFG). Little prominence has been placed on tailoring treatment specifically to exfoliation glaucoma. New outflow intensifying, agents with novel mechanisms of action, such as Rho Kinase inhibition, NO signaling and adenosine α1-receptor stimulation, directly acts on the trabecular meshwork. These agents may prove to be effective in lowering intraocular pressure and perhaps altering the pathogenesis of exfoliation glaucoma (XFG) aid in the long-term management of this disease. 

In exfoliation glaucoma management, initially contains topical ocular hypotensive therapy. However, treatment may be difficult due to greater fluctuations in the diurnal curve and higher baseline 
intraocular pressures (IOPs), compared with POAG patients. Frequently, there is poor response to medical therapy in exfoliation glaucoma patients, with increased vigilance and more forceful treatment often required. Exfoliation glaucoma patients will likely need polytherapy with topical medications early and until the end of the disease course. 

As in POAG, initially in XFG medical management typically contains 
prostaglandin analogs (PGAs) as first-line agents. PGAs are more effective than α2-adrenergic agonists or β-adrenergic antagonists, carbonic anhydrase inhibitors, which are seldom sufficient in XFS/XFG patients, as monotherapy. The aqueous suppressants should serve only as adjunctive medications. And it can be useful in fixed combination drops. Although essentially obsolete in POAG treatment, cholinomimetics may be of benefit in XFG patients, perhaps because of their ability to deform the dilate the Schlemm canal (SC) and trabecular meshwork (TM) by contracting the ciliary muscle. This may slow down the disease improvement by indirectly slowing TM obstruction by reducing iridolenticular friction and deliverance of pigment from the exfoliation material (XFM) and iris from the lens capsule.


Comments

  1. I am here to give my testimony about Dr Anuge who helped me.. i want to inform the public how i was cured from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) by Dr Anuge, i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs like Famvir, Zovirax, and Valtrex which is very expensive to treat the symptoms and never cured me. I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedies on HERPES and I saw comments of people talking about how Dr anuge cured them. When I contacted him he gave me hope and sent Herbal medicine to me that I took for just 2 weeks and it seriously worked for me, my HERPES result came out negative. I am so happy as I am sharing this testimony. My advice to you all who thinks that there is no cure for herpes that is Not true just contact him and get cure from Dr Anuge healing herbal cure of all kinds of sickness you may have like
    (1) CANCER,
    (2) DIABETES,
    (3) HIV AIDS,
    (4) URINARY TRACT INFECTION,
    (5) CANCER,
    (6) IMPOTENCE,
    (7) BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    (8) DIARRHEA
    (9) ASTHMA
    (10)SIMPLEX HERPES AND GENITAL
    (11)COLD SORE
    and mare that are not mentioned here He also cured my friend from cervical cancer. so contact him through his Email address : dranuge@gmail.com or whatsapp him on +234816466838 

    ReplyDelete
  2. FINALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUS..I thought my life had nothing to offer anymore because life became meaningless to me because I had Herpes virus, the symptoms became very severe and bold and made my family run from me and abandon me so they won't get infected. I gave up everything, my hope, dreams,vision and job because the doctor told me there's no cure. I consumed so many drugs but they never cured me but hid the symptoms inside me making it worse. I was doing some research online someday when I came across testimonies of some people of how DR Ede cured them from Herpes, I never believed at first and thought it was a joke but later decided to contact him on the details provided and when I messaged him we talked and he sent me his herbal medicine and told me to go for a test after two weeks. Within 7 days of medication the symptoms disappeared and when I went for a test behold I was NEGATIVE by the Doctor Who tested me earlier. Thank you DR Ede because I forever owe you my life and I'll keep on telling the world about you. If you are going through the same situation, worry no more and contact DR Ede via his Email(dredespellcaster@gmail.com) Or WhatsApp him (+2347064290546) He is good too to cure all types of disease and virus. 1 HIV cure 2 cancer 3 diabetes 4 hepatitis 5 herpes. You can contact him if you are having any problems...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Eye Care in Optometry

Click to know Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) is the independent primary health care professional for the eye.  Optometrists examine, diagnose, treat, and manage diseases, injuries, and disorders of the visual system, eye and associated structures as well as identify related systemic conditions affecting the ey e. Employment in optometry is projected to grow by 33 percent through 2020. Optometry also ranks at #12 on CNNMoney's list of America's 100 top jobs. They make a health assessment, offer clinical advice, prescribe spectacles or contact lenses and refer patients for further treatment, when necessary. A recent study namely ‘Efficacy of vision therapy in children with learning disability and associated binocular vision anomalies’ was aimed t o report the frequency of  binocular vision (BV) anomalies in children with specific learning disorders (SLD) and to assess the efficacy of vision therapy (VT) in 94 children with a non-strabismic binocular vision anomaly (NS

Ready to know the Secret behind Eye Health

There's not a viable alternative for the personal satisfaction great vision offers. Adding certain supplements daily consume less calories - either through supplements or food - can help protect the vision. Research recommends that antioxidants and other imperative supplements may lessen the danger of macular degeneration and cataracts . Particular antioxidants can have extra advantages also; for instance, vitamin A ensures against visual deficiency and vitamin C may assume a part in counteracting or reducing glaucoma . Omega-3 basic unsaturated fats seem to help the eye in many ways, from lightening manifestations of dry eye disorder to guarding against macular harm. The under said vitamins, minerals and different supplements have been appeared to be fundamental for good vision and may shield the eyes from locate looting conditions and maladies: Beta-carotene, Bioflavonoids (Flavonoids), Lutein and Zeaxanthin, Omega-3 Fatty Acids, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitami

Era of Modern Ophthalmology through Traditional Plant Remedies

Click to Visit The administration of  eye problems  by chemical drugs with no side effects is yet to test for therapeutic framework. But the natural and traditional medicines can possibly defeat the confinements related with regular medications. Accordingly; numerous endeavors have been made to distinguish new  therapeutic plants  from various sources due to their viability, less symptoms and generally minimal effort. Around 200 plants worldwide have been recorded to help treatment of eye issue. The investigation  ‘A REVIEW ON AYURVEDIC MEDICINAL PLANTS FOR EYE DISORDERS FROM ANCIENT TO MODERN ERA’ reveals that , i n the Ayurvedic system of medicine mentioned in ancient Indian books ( Charak Samhita, Sushrut Samhita, Bhav prakasha, Ras Tarang , Nayan Drastam and  Astanghrida)  there are so many plants used in  ophthalmic disorders . In Ayurveda (Indian system of medicine) various vision disorders like  Adhimanth  (Glaucoma),  Abhishyand   (Conjunctivitis),  Timir  (Catar